Arpels Pty Ltd is committed to achieving the highest possible performance in Work Health and Safety in the workplace across all of its business operations.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
Fundamental to achieving this vision is holding each worker, including management, responsible and accountable for health and safety, providing training to work safely and enabling consultation and engagement. Working safely is a condition of all employment arrangements.
Arpels Pty Ltd will:
- Strive for continuous improvement in occupational safety and health performance utilising best practice procedures and taking into account evolving knowledge and technology;
- Comply with all appropriate legislation and standards;
- The establishment, implementation and maintenance of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System in accordance with ISO 18001:2007
- Manage risk through the introduction of hazard identification, elimination, monitoring and control procedures and by reviewing performance;
- Ensure that all employees, including sub-contractors’ employees, are fully instructed, trained and assessed in the tasks each will be required to perform and in the operation of all plant and equipment each will be required to operate;
- Communicate and consult with employees, including contractors’ employees, and where appropriate involve them in the development of practices and procedures aimed at the improvement of occupational health and safety performance;
- Ensure that all employees, including sub-contractors’ employees, are fully aware of their responsibilities to take reasonable care to ensure their own health and safety at work and to avoid adversely affecting the health or safety of others through any act or omission at work; and
- Cooperate with government and the community on occupational health and safety issues and contribute to the development of relevant occupational health and safety policy, legislation, standards and research.
Workers are responsible for:
- Developing a personal concern for health and safety — for yourself and for others, particularly newcomers and young people.
- Complying with any reasonable directions (such as safe work procedures, wearing personal protective equipment) given by management for health and safety
- Carrying out work in a manner so as not to create a health and safety hazard to yourself or others.
- Participating in education and training.
- Assisting in the reduction and controlling of incident and illness producing conditions.
- Reporting any incidents, near misses, injuries, or illnesses.
- Using the correct tools and equipment for the job.
- Keeping tools and personal protective equipment in good condition or replace when necessary.
- Using the required safety equipment and personal protective equipment.
- Reporting defects in workplace equipment.
- Suggesting ways to eliminate hazards or control risk.
- Read, understand, and comply with workplace health and safety policy, safe work practices and procedures.
We expect visitors and contractors to:
- Ensure their own personal health and safety, and that of others in the workplace
- Comply with any reasonable directions (such as safe work procedures, wearing personal protective equipment) given by management for health and safety